This Asbestos DVD will raise awareness of issues when working with this material. Asbestos is responsible for around 4000 deaths a year in the workplace.
The inhalation of asbestos fibres is responsible for around 4,000 deaths a year.
Provide your employees with the essential information about asbestos and its dangers. Trainees will learn about the effects of asbestos, where it may be found and procedures to follow to help avoid exposure to asbestos.At the end of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Recognise the three main types of Asbestos
- Understand the dangers of exposure to Asbestos
- Be aware of the different forms of Asbestos and where it’s used.
- The importance of managing Asbestos in you environment.
- High and Low risk hierarchy and what you should do.
- Understand how to protect yourself, and how to use simple steps to minimise risks
If you are looking for ways in which you can keep a record of your employees training in a safe and secure environment then you could consider the Safety Media e-Learning solutions which are available for as little as £56.84 per employee per license. Alongside fire safety training you would also have access to Manual Handling, DSE, COSHH, Working at Heights, Spill, Prevention and Control and many others.
HEALTH & SAFETY AT WORK REVIEW GIVES THIS TITLE FULL MARKS!
“The programme strikes a good balance between highlighting the significant risks of asbestos exposure, while reassuring workers that they are not in danger as long as they follow regulations and use the right control measures…The quality of the footage is great – crisp, real, up-to-date and always aligned to the script…Strongly recommended.” Paul Smith, Health & Safety at Work Magazine, October 2013